Rescue Diver... Change The Way You Dive
Our PADI Rescue Diver course here on Koh Lanta is both a challenging and rewarding course which will change the way you look at diving forever.
You will learn not only how to spot and deal with problems both underwater and on the surface calmly and with confidence, you will learn valuable self-rescue skills and develop a new sense of awareness of any potential problems with other divers around you.
You will learn how to deal with leg cramps, tired divers, stress, uncontrolled panic in others, how to deal with unconscious and non-breathing divers, how to deliver emergency care and administer emergency oxygen.
Search for Missing Divers
You will learn how to search for missing divers, recover casualties, and how to deal with marine life injuries and other accidents and problems which may occur on a boat such as a bad fall, severe bleeding, spinal injuries, broken bones, shock and many others.
Emergency First Aid
An integral part of this course is being able to deliver emergency first aid, and this is taught in the Emergency First Response (EFR) course which must be completed before beginning your Rescue Diver course, unless you already hold a similar qualification in emergency first aid from another organisation.
The training you will receive will enable you to respond correctly to a life-threatening emergency and help to keep a victim alive and manage an incident until professional medical help arrives.
How do I Start?
Before you start the Rescue Diver course, you must be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent) and we recommend that you have at least 20 dives and are reasonably comfortable in the water, with good buoyancy.
Koh Lanta Rescue Diver Schedule
- Day 1: Morning, check-in with us at our dive shop @ Lanta Castaway Beach Resort between 10 am and 12 noon to complete the paperwork, diver medical, check equipment sizes, and receive the self-study materials.
- Day 1: Afternoon, 2 - 3 hours self-study with PADI materials at your resort or on the beach.
- Day 2: Morning, review Rescue Diver theory with your instructor.
- Day 2: Morning / Afternoon, confined water skills practice at the beach.
- Day 2: Afternoon, further 2 - 3 hours self-study with PADI materials at your resort or on the beach.
- Day 3: Morning, Rescue Diver theory & exam.
- Day 3: Morning / Afternoon, further confined water skills practice at the beach.
- Day 4: Morning, Rescue Diver open water dives 1 & 2.
- Day 4: Afternoon, process your Rescue Diver certification.
Book online to save 10% on Koh Lanta scuba diving trips.
Are you ready for the Rescue Diver Course?
If you've not dived for a while then we recommend doing at least one day diving with us to Koh Haa, Koh Rok, or Koh Bida.If your scuba skills are feeling a bit rusty, you may also need a Scuba Skills Refresher here on Lanta to properly prepare you for the challenges of the Rescue Diver course.
Rescue Diver Course Price
|Dive Course||Online Price||Walk-In Price|
|Rescue Diver(3.5 days)||฿13,050||฿14,500|
- Standard course includes PADI digital certification pack & free equipment rental.
- Includes resort transfers, lunch & soft drinks on the boat.
- Online price available to bookings confirmed with a deposit before you arrive on Koh Lanta.
- Does not include ฿800 fuel surcharge for dives to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang or Shark Point & Anemone Reef
- Does not include Marine Park Diving Fee: Adult ฿600, Child: ฿400