Our Booking Policies - The Small Print
We aim to provide the best possible service to our guests at all times and we will do everything we can (within reason) to ensure that you have a great time diving with us, however please read the information below, just to be sure that you know our policies in advance.
- We are normally open every day from October 14 - May 14, except Jan 1st.
- Online Booking price only available to bookings confirmed with a deposit before you arrive on Koh Lanta.
- Last minute Walk-In bookings for the next day can be made in person up to 5pm at our office in Lanta Castaway Beach Resort, subject to available spaces.
- If you have a Thai bank account, you can make a payment direct to our SCB account here on Lanta.
- You can also make a payment in your home currency with credit and debit cards (Visa/Mastercard) via Wise https://wise.com/ using the real exchange rate, and avoiding expensive bank and ATM fees. Payments can be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find easy details on how to do this here https://wise.com/help/articles/2932105/can-i-send-money-to-someone-with-only-their-email-address. You can also download the wise.com app to your phone.
- Of course, we also accept cash here on the island if you prefer not to book any dives in advance.
Check-In for your Dive or Snorkel Trip
- You must check-in with us for all dive or snorkel trips before 5pm, the day before your trip.
- Check-in is at our office in Lanta Castaway Beach Resort (south end of Long Beach).
- It is your responsibility to arrive on Koh Lanta in plenty of time to check-in with us before 5pm.
- Failure to check-in with us by 5pm is treated as a Last Minute Cancellation (no deposit refund).
Fitness To Dive
- All students must read and complete the Diver Medical Statement
- If you answer 'yes' to any of the medical questions then you must see a doctor before starting diving.
- We must retain a copy of the medical certificate for our records.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking with us at any time if we think that you are not fit to dive safely, regardless of any medical certificate that you may have.
- The minimum age for passengers or snorkelers on our boats is 8 years old.
- All persons under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
Mu Koh Lanta & Mu Koh Phi Phi Marine National Parks
- Marine Park Fees apply to all trips within the Mu Koh Lanta and Mu Koh Phi Phi Marine National Parks.
- Mu Koh Lanta Marine National Park includes Koh Haa, Koh Rok, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang.
- Mu Koh Phi Phi Marine National Park includes Koh Bida and Koh Phi Phi.
- Marine National Park Snorkeling Fee: Adult 400 Baht, Child: 200 Baht
- Marine National Park Diving Fee: Adult 600 Baht, Child: 400 Baht
Weather, Visibility, Currents & Unforeseen Events
- If we cancel a trip due to poor weather, you will receive a full refund for that day.
- Visibility at our dive sites changes every day, and whilst it is usually very good, occasionally it can be poor. As you are aware, it is impossible to predict dive site visibility in advance. We can only know the visibility once we actually arrive at a dive site. Please be prepared for a wide range of visibilities at our dive sites.
- We rely on the Royal Thai Navy tide tables for our dive site current/tidal information, and these are published every year. These tide tables are usually very good, however as we are diving in a natural environment, occasionally we can find stronger than expected currents at some of our dive sites, particularly at Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, which are in open seas.
- Whenever possible we plan to conduct dive and snorkel trips on our own speed boats.
- Your booking does not however guarantee the use of any particular boat.
- Our boats may not be available due to unforeseen problems, e.g. mechanical problem, staff illness, etc.
- We may charter space on an alternative dive operator's boat which is planning a trip to the same or similar location.
- When chartering space on another boat, we will always use our dive equipment and dive staff.
- There is no extra charge for trips using space chartered on another dive operator's boat.
- During Low Season we do not operate our speed boats. We will always charter space on an alternative dive operator's boat during Low Season.
- Standard PADI Course Prices include Digital Lite Pack materials (view online or download using the PADI Library App).
- We reserve the right to change our diving, snorkeling and PADI course prices without prior notice.
- For all bookings made before a price change, you will always pay the lower price.
Dive/Snorkel Trip Cancellation
- Online bookings for dive or snorkel trips may be cancelled/refunded up to 3 days in advance.
- Cancellation less than 3 days in advance may be refunded if we are able to sell your spaces to other people.
- For larger groups of 5 or more people, we require at least 7 days advance notice of a cancellation. If you cancel with less than 7 days notice, we can only refund your deposit if we can sell your spaces to other people.
- You must check in with us before 5pm the day before your trip.
- Online Booking payments can be refunded minus a fee of 5%, minimum 200 Baht per person.
- Currency conversion rates vary day by day and you may receive a refund or more, or less than you originally paid to us.
Boat Charter Cancellation
- A 50% deposit for full speed boat charter must be paid at the time of booking.
- If you cancel the speed boat charter less than 14 days in advance, regardless of the reason, the 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- If we cancel the speed boat charter (due to bad weather for example), the 50% deposit will be refunded (minus a fee of 5%, minimum 200 Baht).
- Speed boat charter balance is payable in full, the day before the trip departs.
Private medical costs in Thailand can be very expensive, especially for scuba diving related incidents. We strongly recommend that you obtain comprehensive holiday travel insurance prior to the start of your trip to cover any costs incurred due to any injury or illness during your holiday.
By making a booking with us in advance and paying us a deposit to confirm the booking, you agree to accept the above Terms & Conditions in full.