Feel less tired after diving
Learn to dive with more oxygen and less nitrogen in your tank, with the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course here on Koh Lanta.
During your Open Water Diver Course, you learned some of the limits of diving on normal air, and how nitrogen affects the body when we go scuba diving.
During our dives, nitrogen is absorbed into our body tissues and this limits our diving depth and time. As you learned in your Open Water Course, too much Nitrogen can be a bad thing.
Enriched Air gas mixtures contain more oxygen and less nitrogen which means that during a dive, our tissues are exposed to a lower partial pressure of nitrogen. This lower nitrogen partial pressure results in less nitrogen being absorbed by the body during a dive.
As part of your Nitrox course, you will have 2 dives on 32% Enriched Air Nitrox, that is approximately 32% oxygen and 68% nitrogen.
Many Nitrox divers also claim to feel much less tired after diving on Nitrox, and for those of you who are feeling a little less fit than you used to be, less nitrogen in your body can only be a good thing - especially if you're planning several days diving here on Koh Lanta.
Find out more on Enriched Air Nitrox diving.
The Nitrox theory typically takes 2 or 3 hours and is completed the day before your Nitrox dives.
On the morning of your dives, you will analyse your two Nitrox tanks before the boat departs Koh Lanta.
- Day 1: Morning, check-in with us at our dive shop @ Lanta Castaway Beach Resort between 10 am and 12 noon to complete the paperwork, diver medical, check equipment sizes, and receive the self-study materials.
- Day 1: Afternoon, 1 - 2 hours self-study with PADI materials at your resort or on the beach.
- Day 2: Morning, tank testing followed by Nitrox dives 1 & 2.
- Day 2: Afternoon, process your Enriched Air Nitrox certification.
During your course, you'll also learn how to use a Nitrox diving computer, how to set and check the computer. If you don't have your own Nitrox dive computer, we'll give you one to use during the course for free.
|Dive Course||Online Price||Walk-In Price|
|Nitrox Diver(1.5 days, 2 dives)||฿7,200||฿8,000|
- Includes PADI materials, certification & free equipment rental.
- Includes 2 Nitrox dives & free dive computer rental.
- Includes resort transfers, lunch & soft drinks on the boat.
- Online price available to bookings confirmed with a deposit before you arrive on Koh Lanta.
- Does not include ฿800 fuel surcharge for dives to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang or Shark Point & Anemone Reef.
- Does not include National Park Diving Fee: Adult ฿600, Child: ฿400.
If you'd like to save time, you can register for PADI e-learning and complete the course theory before you arrive on Lanta.
Book online to save 10% on dive trips and scuba courses.